Fish are looking up! Here are some updates on what’s been happening on the streams around us:
- Grannoms are wrapping up on lower Spring Creek, but are still on Penns Creek and the Little J.
- Also on Spring Creek: Tan caddis are coming off, along with midges and Blue Winged Olives (BWOs) if conditions are right. Craneflies are starting, too!
- Penns Creek has had Hendricksons, some Blue Quills, BWOs, and March Browns are just starting to be seen.
- The Little Juniata River still has Grannoms, along with BWO.
- Big Fishing Creek has had some BWOs, caddis, and Hendricksons starting to pop.
Nymphing is going to be your most consistent bet, unless you see rising fish. Don’t neglect the small streamers, either!